Air duct cleaning’s facts
- One out of every six people who suffer from allergies does so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazine)
- 90% of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dust and dirt. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
- One millimeter of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can decrease its efficiency up to 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Most fiberglass furnace filters are only 7% effective in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc.
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.(American College of Allergists)
- 25%-40% of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. (U.S. Department of Energy)
When should you clean your air duct?
- There is substantial visible mold growth inside hard surface (e.g., sheet metal) ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Ducts are infested with vermin
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are actually released into the home from your supply registers.